“ We had 5 parallel runs of 500 MCM, 540 feet long to pull, and we got them all pulled in about 7 hours. Made a profit of about $4800 the first day using the iTOOL pulling system. We now own about 8 of the 10K pullers and 3 of the smaller 6k tuggers, as well as the 12 sets of the Real Jacks for feeding wire …”
Kenny Cole Superintendent
Inglett Stubbs Electical Construction
“We own the iTOOLco 10k and 6K pullers, Jack stands and Knock Out tools. The customer service is fantastic, and these tools make us a lot of money. I recommend you get them too! ”
Light Speed Electric
“I was very impressed with the speed and versatility that the IToolCo pulling equipment provided for my crew and I. We were able to condense a 2.5 week schedule down to 6 days with 3 less men due to being able to set our pulls up quicker, easier, and safer. We eliminated the need for any rigging or anchoring of our equipment, which results in much faster and safer setup and breakdown. I am looking forward to pulling out more of my jobs with these tools.!”
“We bought your Cannon 10K puller today and it was amazing! It was easy to use, easy to set up and very fast in pulling the wire we had to pull. We were able to pull 10 runs 305 feet of 600 MCM in nine minutes a pull. Needless to say we were very impressed and we purchased the entire set up, Puller, Pull Slick, Rope Tender and the Real Jacks. Thanks for setting us up with the equipment we greatly appreciate it.
P.S. We also bought the Cannon 6k tugger
As you can see below I think you hit the nail on the head with this puller and have made “One hell of a machine” that will set the standard for your competitors to follow.
Here are some of my observations regarding the ITOOL 10K wire puller:
1. The overall configuration allows, in most circumstances, you to pull feeders into floor standing switchgear and the additional slack needed to terminate the cable without the need to change the rigging when the head leaves the pipe due to the multiple configurations and compact head design.
2. The unit is overall easier to handle on the jobsite when compared to wire pullers with the same capacity.
3. The ability to modify the arm lengths and extend them if needed due to job conditions with rigid conduit saves time. Especially if you have multiple pulls in the same location. With this unit modifying rigging needed to pull feeders into a junction box mounted (for example) 12’ in the air is as simple as moving the conduit sheave from one conduit to another once you have established the required machine length/configuration.
4. Perhaps my favorite feature is the dual capstan. This feature is a huge labor saver because it allows you to pull in, at least the first portion, of feeder at a higher speed (large capstan) and then change over to the low speed (higher pulling force) capstan to complete the run. When you have 4 or 6 men working on a feeder pull a ½ hour of time saved utilizing the high speed equates to 8 to 12 man-hours saved in project labor. The high speed capstan saves a huge amount of labor when installing a small feeder in an oversized duct as you can utilize it for the entire run. Again this represents a savings in project labor.
5. From the operators standpoint the ability to stand to the side of the machine and adjust angle at which the rope leaves the capstan (dependent on how many wraps of rope are utilized based on the pulling tension required) is a great feature. This also allows safer operation and when adjusted properly offers less of a chance for the rope to double up / jam on the capstan letting the operator pay greater attention to other facets of the process.
Overall I was very impressed with the configuration, maneuverability and power of this unit the several days that I was personally involved with its operation. We pulled everything from 1/0 15KV cable to 600MCM aluminum in various lengths from 100’ to 400’. The entire time I did not ever witness this unit even break a sweat all the while taking less time to set up and tear down between pulls. In one situation I actually brought this machine in to finish a run we started with a competitors 6K unit when the unit stalled and would not pull the feeder anymore. We were afraid that we were going to have to pull it back out and start over. From the time I took the ITOOL 10K unit off the truck and set it up on the feeder was 10 min or less. Keep in mind that this was a crew that had never seen this piece of equipment so some of that time was explaining to them how to set it up. The iTOOL 10K unit walked the balance of that pull (4-600 MCM AL 400’ long) and 4 additional parallel sets in a day. Based on the run, my experience in the field and as an estimator told me it was going to take 2 with the equipment we had been utilizing. Again, this unit did not even break a sweat. When I came back the following day to load it back on the truck and take it back I can honestly say that my foreman and feeder crew were less than happy to see it go. This is a professional quality tool that has obviously been designed and constructed by someone who has done the job.
Benfield Electric Co., Inc.
” We pulled in 4-500 MCM conductors about 400′ long in about 20 minutes the iTOOLco wire puller is awesome”
Aaron Grunhahl right
Mark Olge Left
“We own two of the iTOOLco 6K wire tuggers, and just pulled 350′ of 4 conductors 250 MCM in about 5 minutes. Best tugger I’ve ever used!
Foreman K2 Electric
Foreman for Rosendin Electric
I am a foreman for Rosendin Electric. I was first introduced to the iTOOLs Tugging Equipment about a year ago on a Homeland Security Jobsite. At first glance it really didn’t look like it was going to be able to help us meet the demand of the job at hand. Myself and my crew were use to using the gang box tugger with all the parts, pieces and attachments that take several hours to assemble in order to complete a wire pull. Setting up the iTools tugger was very easy, minutes opposed to hours. We were able to beat the wire pull demand set on us the first day by 3 pulls and the next day we were able to beat the prior day by 5 more pulls. I am always glad to get the opportunity to use our iTools tugger. It truly is a dream to work with. Since the first job I used it on I have requested it on several other jobs and with out fail it a has made me and my crew look great by meeting the demand on our wire pulls.
Thank you for the opportunity, I look forward to seeing what else iTools has coming out in the near future.
I would like to thank our distributor sales rep, Ryan Bitter and Walters Wholesale Electric for delivering an iTOOLco Cannon 10K wire pulling device to CSI electric.
We had the opportunity to use the Cannon 10K iTOOLco at Kaiser Regional Reference Lab (250,000 sq ft.) in Chino California. Our experience with pulling feeders, 1/0-600MCM, into long conduit runs (200’-600’), tight spots, congested areas, multiple levels and numerous unforeseen issues and obstacles was amazing. We saved copious amounts of time and energy having this tool. The wire puller is compact (no special boxes for adapters or miscellaneous parts and pieces) and very easy to maneuver. It is also very fast when it comes to the set-up and breakdown processes. The pulling torque is incredible and there was never an issue with stress on the machine no matter what size wire was being pulled and the distance of the pull.
In the future, I would highly recommend the iTOOLco Cannon 10K. It’s the best wire puller that I have had the experience to use and am looking forward to using it on all of my future projects.
Michael Ivy, Superintendent
CSI Electrical Contractors
Third Generation Electric employs 100 electricians doing commercial and industrial electrical work. We own several iTool Gear Punch knockout sets and use them every day. Our electricians greatly prefer them to the other knockout sets made by other well-known companies which we also own. The iTool sets just work better and faster. We also own many iTool heavy wire-pulling tools. Once again, our electricians prefer the iTool equipment to the wire pulling equipment made by other companies which we also own. And although we’ve only had to order parts a few times, the service was fast and friendly. Any electrical contractor doing commercial or industrial work should think of iTool orange when buying tools.
Third Generation Electric